six miles east of downtown Truckee, Glenshire, nicknamed “The
Banana Belt” by locals because of its low snow load, is a
favorite of young families and first-time homebuyers alike. Glenshire/Devonshire
is a planned community for single-family residential homes. It consists
of 4 units with 1,357 individually owned properties and 232 acres
of greenbelt or “open space.” Many Glenshire residents
take advantage of its proximity to Reno – just 35 miles from
Truckee’s Train Depot to Reno/Tahoe International Airport
(ideal for reverse commuting locals).
The Glenshire General Store, Pre-School, Elementary School and
Ballet Studio are just a few of the community services available.
When driving through Glenshire you will notice that some homes come
complete with a barn, tack room and shed – this is because
Glenshire has equestrian easements (i.e. zoned for horses). Glenshire
Homeowner’s Association offers access to Clubhouse, Swimming
Pool, 2 Tennis Courts and Basketball half-court. Other amenities
include a new playground structure with an ADA approved wood chip
base. There is a volleyball court behind the BBQ gazebo. There is
a passive seating area in front of the clubhouse with park benches.
The Glenshire HOA Board of Directors meets the second Wednesday
evening of most months. Meetings begin at 6:30PM. The Candidates
Coffee & Annual Election Meeting is held Saturday mornings.
- Homeowners Association: Yes – Participation is Mandatory
- Annual HOA Dues: $240
- Single-family Home Price Range: $400,000 to $900,000*
- Residential Mix: 80% full-time, 20% second homeowners
- Undeveloped Lot Price Range: $150,000 to $500,000
- Glenshire HOA Member Services: (530) 587-6202
- Website: http://www.GlenshireDevonshire.com
*Properties in The Meadows, Juniper Hills, Cambridge Estates and
Juniper Creek Ranch (gated communities that are separate and distinct
sub-divisions within Glenshire) can exceed upwards of $1,000,000.
See below for a detailed description of the The Meadows, Juniper
Hills, Cambridge Estates and Juniper Creek Ranch.
Upscale gated community situated on the bluffs near Glenshire.
5-acre parcels with equestrian easements.
- Homeowners Association: Yes – Participation Mandatory
- Annual HOA Dues: $700 (for road maintenance)
- Single-family Home Price Range: $885,000 to $1,500,000
- Undeveloped 5-acre parcels Price Range: $500,000 to $600,000
Juniper Creek/Juniper Hills
- Juniper Creek Annual Dues: $1,000 Per Year
- Single-family Home Price Range: $800,000 to $3,500,000
- Undeveloped Acreage Parcels Price Range: $390,000 to $600,000
One-acre parcels with equestrian easement and surrounded by greenbelt.
Situated between Glenshire and The Meadows.
- Homeowners Association/Amenities/Dues: N/A
- Single-family Home Price Range: $640,000 to $900,000
- Undeveloped Lots: $170,000 to $255,000
Click here to go back
to the Neighborhood Map